The manufacturers’ warranty typically covers LED fixtures based on 50,000 hours rated life span, and provides a 5 year limited manufacturers’ warranty to the Buyer based on normal working hours per fixture. Some selected fixtures may have a 7 year warranty, and will be noted as such on the website.
My Lightings generally will provide replacement parts for defects occurring during normal usage for the products within 5 years of the manufacture date. The manufacturers will normally provide the component required to repair the fixture. The Buyer may be responsible for the freight costs to send back the failed parts and receive replacements.
Warranted working hours, covered products, and claim requirements are listed below.
- Suggested operation hours for LED fixtures: 10-12 hours per day. If the products are used more hours than suggested, the warranty period may be shortened to 3 years. If the products are used 24 hours per day, the warranty may be shortened to one year only.
- The Limited Manufacturers’ warranty applies to most LED lights including: LED Commercial Down Lights, LED Down Lights, LED Canopy Lights, LED Wall Pack Lights, LED Wall Mount Lights, LED Troffer Lights, LED Vapor-tight Fixtures, LED Panel Lights, LED High Bay Lights, LED Wall Pack Lights, LED Dusk to Dawn street Lights, LED Linear High bay Lights, LED Flood Lights, LED Area Lights.
- For models not listed above or for verification on specific product numbers covered, please contact a My Lightings sales representative.
- The Buyer may be required to provide evidence (such as photos) to the Seller for review and analysis of the issue and to confirm that products are defective.
- In the case of a product damaged during transportation and found by the Buyer when the shipment arrives, the Buyer must note any damage on the Bill of Lading and sign it with the damage described. SEE SHIPPING INFO.
My Lightings Manufacturers’ Warranty covers units that fail, however, the warranty is voided if the failure is caused or contributed to by any of the following (NOTE: The products MUST have been installed by a licensed electrician and operated in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions or the Warranty may be voided):
- Excessive, abnormal or unusual operating conditions or applications.
- Electrical current surges caused by lightning or other occurrences.
- Improper installation.
- Installations where ambient temperatures or conditions exceed those recommended for the fixture.
- Installation in fully enclosed cans or sealed fixtures.
Please provide any requested documentation to facilitate the warranty claim process:
- Adequate records of operating history should be kept and available for inspection by My Lightings.
- Engineers may need access to the failed fixtures.
- If the fixture’s defect is unknown, the manufacturer’s engineer shall have the right to inspect and evaluate the lighting system components.
- If the fixtures have been installed outside the United States, there may be additional documentation required.
- MyLightings.com will not be responsible for shipping/transportation costs.
Disclaimer: MyLighting will not reimburse or pay for extraneous costs or expenses, including labor, equipment rental, lost profits, or any other costs associated with removal, installation, or re-installation of the product or component, even if it is ultimately deemed to be defective.